Sunday, March 12, 2017

Short Analysis of Advertising

(Puppy Love, Budweiser-2014 Super Bowl)


I normally look forward to the ads during the Super Bowl. They are a mixture of all emotions and usually the things we really want to say/feel and the ads really do speak for themselves. The reason why I chose this ad specifically, one it's very touching and close to my heart. I love puppies!  Also, I remember a time when I saw the Clydesdale's at Sea World, when they kept them there in the late 90's. They are amazing to see in person, such beautiful creatures. So this ad brought that to mind. Secondly, it made for a better Super Bowl Sunday watching this ad because this particular game was so boring and such a blowout, which made me lose interest very quickly. So, the ad more than made up the rather gloomy game, into a joyous ending. As you watch the ad from the link provided you will understand completely my meaning for which I have explained.  



Budweiser's heartwarming 2014 Super Bowl commercial (in which a puppy befriends a horse) has been ranked the most popular ad ever to air in the 50-year history of the NFL's premier event, according to a study from TiVo. That's largely because the company took the time to develop a plot line. The beer company's 90-second "Puppy Love" commercial does more than depict the friendship between two (adorable) furry animals. As the puppy repeatedly attempts to escape the kennel and find the Clydesdale, a relationship also develops between the kennel owner and the horse-keeper. The ad culminates when horses bar the puppy from leaving in a car, and the humans consent to let them play together in peace.

1 comment:

  1. This is an amazing and meaning advertising in 2014. I was watching this in my high school, everyone was laughing at the scene, and I was silently crying.It gives me a lot of emotion from happy to sad. I do not think Budweiser-2014 Super Bowl can do that. I like your blog post very much. You have expressed your feelings in the article, and you bring your audience to your emotions. In addition to expressing your feelings, below the video, you have included a short paragraph to summarize the story. This is a very meaningful and emotional ad. Your blog post is very good!

    ReplyDelete