Saturday, April 22, 2017

Annual Student Art Show


There was some very interesting work at the Art Show, but there were two pieces that intrigued me the most. One of the paintings that I chose to talk about is called "Darkness". This type of art work is related as a "symmetry achromatic" piece. This painting has a very scary or death look to it because of the black and white color.  I can see it has a lot of pain and suffering to it. Also, there was two skeleton like forms in the picture with a single tombstone in the background and the trees almost looked as if they were alive. Also, I noticed there is a wish bone kind of symbol in the painting too? Or maybe it's a cane, because everything in the picture is basically a mirror image, except for the tombstone.  Overall, it made me feel, "personally" like I was at a funeral, you know, death is final when it comes to the body. Then again the double image still has me wondering, that maybe one life ends and another begins after death, meaning their soul.

The second painting that I have picked is called "Hummers Mosaic". It was the complete opposite of the first painting that I picked. It has the beautiful cool tones of blueish purple and chocolate brown color to it. There are hummingbirds in the picture as well, which made me think of my late grandfather. It gave me an "at ease feeling and great comfort" knowing he is around, even in this picture. The sun and cube rays of light interpretation was interesting.  It reminded me a little bit of cubism, perhaps?  There is some flowers in the picture but, some of the flowers are still waiting to bloom. This means, it maybe spring in the picture? In retrospect the feeling I received from this is, in the light of a new day - everything is new, and life is reborn.

No comments:

Post a Comment